Zedd and Maren Morris once more collaborate on the song "Make You Say" with BEAUZ.

Zedd and Maren Morris once more collaborate on the song "Make You Say" with BEAUZ.

Until now, Zedd has never collaborated with the same vocalist twice. For his latest track, "Make You Stay," alongside BEAUZ, he once again links up with Maren Morris from "The Middle." After such a thrilling experience with "The Middle," Maren Morris, who also co-wrote the song, adds, "I adored working with Zedd again on "Make You Say." Making the music video [below] was undoubtedly a first for me in terms of choreography and animation because it has such a positive melody. The fans will freak out.

The song deftly walks the line between Zedd's more recent pop singles, such as "The Middle," "Happy Now," or "Stay," and the kinds of songs he put out on his last album, True Colors, which was released seven years ago.

"I started working on this song with BEAUZ approximately three or four years ago," adds Zedd. After gently iterating over the years to improve the production, Charlie [Puth] and I entered the studio and created the topline for the song. I met Maren in Nashville after hearing her demo, and she really transformed the song when we recorded the final vocals for "Make You Say." I'm starting a new chapter with "Make You Say," and I can't wait for people to hear it.

Zedd has been publicly suggesting that he's been working on a new album for a few years now, popularly referred to by fans as Z3, in the absence of anything more official, so the "new chapter" he references shouldn't come as much of a surprise. That is the only clue we have at this time that "Make You Stay" is a part of anything more than a single song. To talk about the new single, though, Maren Morris and Zedd joined Zane Lowe on New Music Daily on Apple Music 1.

Zedd said to Lowe, "My next major endeavour is my record, and I began it before the epidemic. "I emailed you a tune I was working on in fact. It's a little bit darker there. Even so, the album will contain some joyful and enthusiastic moments, but it is still the direction I wanted to take the record in. The tune I sent you, which is a little bit dark and twisted to classical music, is going to be very dance-oriented, but I'm attempting to combine some of my early inspirations. I'm also remixing an ancient classical piece. My next major endeavour will be that, and it will undoubtedly be related to dancing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments